14 - 15 March 2017, all day at The Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans | #confluencephilanthropy
Confluence Philanthropy’s Annual Practitioners Gathering is a three-day conference for current members of the Practitioner and Advisor programs, prospective members, and invited guests. Sessions are led by funder-practitioners, investment experts, and other thought leaders.
The 7th annual gathering is focused on 'Love & Resilience'.
Confluence Philanthropy is a non-profit, membership-based association of foundations, high net worth investors and their investment advisors who collaborate in Mission-Related Investing (MRI), the process of integrating investment strategy with social and/or environmental goals.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Patricia Farrar-Rivas, CEO, Veris Wealth Partners
- Jane Goodall, Founder, The Jane Goodall Institute
- Matthew Patsky, CEO & Portfolio Manager, Trillium Asset Management
- Dana Lanza, CEO, Confluence Philanthropy
- Lisa Renstrom, Trustee, Bonwood Foundation
Investing in a Woman’s Right to Choose
Organized by The Educational Foundation of America
Resilience is defined by a diversity of choices, and a woman’s right to choose her own reproductive path is crucial to her resilience. Through its grantmaking, The Educational Foundation of America has long supported a woman’s ability to control her own reproductive health by ensuring access to safe, legal abortion and contraception. Investors and foundations are exploring using a suite of financial tools to support this access, including: impact investing through a pooled fund that provides low interest loans to abortion clinics; shareholder activism to ensure that companies cover reproductive health services for their employees; and refinancing debt and extending lines of credit. During this panel, hear from experts in investing through a gender lens; they invite you to think more broadly about the impact that your investments can have in the world.
- Melissa Beck, Executive Director, The Educational Foundation of America (Moderator)
- Suzanne Biegel, Founder, Catalyst at Large
- Bonnie Scott Jones, Senior Policy Advisor, Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health
- Ruth Shaber, MD, President, The Tara Health Foundation